Friday, December 16, 2005

Mama Of Toddler Learns a Lesson

Mommy Rule #1: Never, absolutely never turn your back on children armed with food.

Ok, ok, so I didn't heed these words of wisdom.

Ian and I are in the kitchen today baking cookies. He of course gets hungry, and I feed him something healthy - blueberry yogurt. He has recently shown me that he can feed himself using a spoon. At first, he's confidently using his spoon. A couple drips of yogurt are around his mouth, but other than that all is well. My mistake lies in thinking I can turn around to continue scooping cookie dough while he eats. I glance over at him and he's holding the yogurt cup up like he's drinking from it. No big deal, I've done this once or twice when I didn't have a spoon handy. I'm thinking the kid is brilliant, so I go back to scooping cookie dough. Then there's this soft giggle. I glance at Ian and notice his blue mouth. That's fine and to be expected, so I go back to the cookies. Then it dawns on me, the container looked empty. I look and his tray is fairly clean, his bib is clean, but his crotch is another story. Ay caramba!

2 comments:

Stella said...

Well...at least he didn't pour the yogurt down his diaper! (Though now that I think about it, I think that would have been HILARIOUS!)

Nothingandall said...

Mommy Rule 2: To have somebody to baking cookies (because to make the two things is incompatible)