Sunday, December 18, 2005

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

I am finally in the holiday spirit thanks to a few things that have happened and are happening in my life.

Paul, Ian and I regularly drive through nearby neighborhoods to view Christmas light displays.

We went with good friends to view the Mormon Temple's light display.

Last night, Paul and I went to his work's Christmas party. This was hosted at the Wrigley Mansion and needless to say it was beautiful!

Today, Ian and I get to "decorate" sugar cookies at Grandma Jo's. I use the word decorate loosely predicting that Ian will mainly be eating the cookie and frosting the table. Gosh I love him so much! I am really looking forward to this event since I'll also get to spend time with my dear friends, some of whom I haven't seen in over three months. Mental note, take a camera!

Hopefully today, Paul and I are taking Ian to see Santa. I can't wait to see Ian's reaction when he sits in Santa's lap. Oh yes, get the camera ready. :-)

Also today, I hope we can stop by my friend Stella's house. She has enslaved her husband to put up Christmas lights around the house. This I have to see! I wonder, how much will her electric bill be for the month of December?

Tuesday night, Paul, Ian and I are going to the McCormick Railroad Park in Scottsdale. There's a train you ride through the park in order to view their light display. Oh, how Ian loves trains!

Friday, my nieces Allison and Madison are coming over to spend the night. These girls are so funny and always make me laugh. I know they'll love to make any silly Christmas craft I put in front of them. I have really missed doing such things since I quit teaching.

I am blessed with such wonderful friends, family and events in my life!

No comments: