Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Friend or Foe?

Ian has an imaginary "friend". His name is Mr. Tune. So far, this is what I know about this character in Ian's life: he has black hair, likes to sing and spin, plays leap frog, and he tends to show up when Ian is not too sure about things, is in timeout, or is scared.

One night, while the four of us are eating dinner, Ian yells out, "Mr. Tune, go bye, bye."

"Ian, Where is Mr. Tune?" I inquire.

"Mr. Tune's ofer tere," he informs us as he points towards the front door.

"Bye, bye, Mr. Tune. Bye, bye," I say as I look towards the door and wave.

"Bye, bye, Mr. Tune," adds Paul also waving towards the door.

"Did Mr. Tune go away?" I ask.

"Mr. Tune go bye, bye," states Ian. "Bye, bye, Mr. Tune," and he frantically waves his arms in the air.

"Bye, bye, Mr. Tune. Bye, bye, Mr. Tune," Paul and I both keep repeating and waving.

Laurel's now trying desperately to turn around in her high chair to see who it is that we're all talking too. She glances at me as she turns from side to side, as if to say, "Lady, you're nuts!"

3 comments:

Lady M said...

Has Mr. Tune shown any signs of tap dancing (like Tommy)?

Anonymous said...

Where did Mr Tune come from? I love his name!

Knitting Maniac said...

Sweet!