Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Book a Day, Keeps Boredom Away...

I was just over at the wonderful Mary P.'s blog, where I learned of a fun Meme. The January challenge is to post about a book a day. This idea comes from Sassy Student. I love to read children's books, and with two little ones running about, you know I'm reading, and reading, and reading! So I decided I would try to post about a book as often as I do normally post, which sadly enough won't be everyday since I just can't seem to fit it in. But with this challenge, I may post more. Hurray, let's give it a try!

A book, I absolutely adore, is Everywhere Babies, by Susan Meyers. It originally was a gift for Laurel, since she's the baby, but two year old Ian is the one who can't get enough of it! He loves to talk about the babies, and what they are doing in each illustration. The story line is repetitive, so Ian quickly learned the text and can pretty much "read" the book word for word. The sweet pictures and verse portrays baby antics well. At the end of the book, it reads...

Everyday, everywhere, babies are loved-
for trying so hard, for traveling so far, for being so wonderful...
...just as they are!

I always tear up. Hey Ian, grab me a tissue please. Darn mommy hormones!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

sounds like a cute book. I'll be looking for it!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, looks like a good one - especially for Jordan who loves, loves, loves reading about babies; especially with his 'lil sister around! Thanks for the tip, I'm now on the hunt for it!

Mama's Moon said...

Oooh, looks like a good one - especially for Jordan who loves, loves, loves reading about babies; especially with his 'lil sister around! Thanks for the tip, I'm now on the hunt for it!

Lady M said...

Like Mary P, I love that cover!

Be Inspired Always said...

What an adorable cover.

Thanks for dropping a note on my blog.

There's some art on my website, Tell me what you think?

http://www.jilliancurtis.com/

Damselfly said...

Wonderful! I will look for the book. It sounds cute. And I can't wait to read about your other book recommendations.

Anonymous said...

That looks great! I'll check that one out. Thanks for visiting my place - I'll add you to my blogroll!

(Come enter my current contest at MMO if you like - perfect for Laurel!)

Oblivious Maven said...

I loved a children's book we read once by Cynthia Rylant, for some stupid reason I was the one laughing a lot throughout it. Something about one character telling another one he needed a nap, that's all I can remember.

Leave it to me to remember about the nap part, ha!