Friday, January 06, 2006

Two Week Countdown

It's official, we have only two weeks before our baby girl makes her debut. I swear this morning she was just going to pop out as she internally kicked my ribs. I laugh at whoever said that the baby's movements slow down in the last month due to lack of space. HA! Baby Sister lets her presence be known! I can't help but think of the scene from Aliens where the alien pops out of the guy's chest and then runs off.

We call her "Baby Sister" due to reserving the right to change our minds at the last minute. This seems to annoy everyone, even my own mother. Hey, it wasn't too long ago people didn't even know the sex of the baby until delivery. At least we let everyone know it's a girl. Paul and I just haven't been inspired. I'm sure once we see her we'll know. So in the meanwhile, people, especially my friends, keep throwing names at me. I just keep shaking my head and thinking I probably did the same to them.

Two weeks and a million things to do. The biggest project is getting Ian's room ready so we can move him out of the nursery. If it were a mere paint job, I know we'd be done. However, having to tear down two full length mirrors has made us serious procrastinators. Not exactly our idea of fun. The phone call from Costco furniture telling us Ian's bedroom set will be here Monday has definitely set things in motion. This weekend should be a lot of fun.

In two weeks I'll get to hold Baby Sister in my arms! Paul and I recently were looking at video of Ian when he was first born. It's hard to imagine someone so small and fragile. Newborns are so funny looking with their big alien eyes, and yet so sweet with everything else so miniature. I just love that button nose.

I can't wait to show her to Ian and see his reaction. We talk to him about her and he kisses my tummy, laughs, and then very sweetly says "Bye, bye." He probably doesn't have a clue. It doesn't matter, I still think he'll make an awesome older brother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok if you contributed in any way to not let my parents name me kennedy THANK YOU!! Now as for names what about Carleigh ?

Mamacita Tina said...

Miss Madison, you are a hoot! Keep trying.