Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Wish List

TAG - and I'm It. The wonderfully funny Amy of binkytown, has tagged me to do a Christmas wish list. Ok, so I had to slow down and give this some thought, what would I like for Christmas?



1. Time. I know, not original, but seriously, how do I get more of this? I want to spend time with my family and friends doing all sorts of holiday activities, and bake, and shop, blog (so many topics, so little...well, you know), and veg with hubby and watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy uninterrupted except to answer the door to get pizza and Chinese Food.

2. Health. Poor Ian and Laurel keep getting cold after cold after cold. This week they caught some stomach virus and had to endure a couple days of upset stomach and vomiting. Today, they seem to be past the worst, and now Paul has some nasal/respiratory thing going on.



3. Ian magically potty trained. We started the process a couple months ago, but when the little fella started teasing us with, "I go pee on the floor," with a knowing smirk on his face, we gave it up for a while. Potty training scares me, perhaps because I've just never gone through the process. He's only 2 1/2 years, I figure we have some time before people begin to wonder.


4. Patience to deal with a two year old. Patience to understand that dawdling is the official pass time for toddlers. That it is not how fast you can get your socks and shoes on that is important, but that the cars, trucks and trains are lined up just so. Patience while watching my wonderful quirky son during meal times treat his sippy cup like a trash barrel on garbage collection days. (MMMrrrrMMMrrr, and up over the head goes the sippy cup.) Patience in knowing that I would learn more about the world around me if I took the time to observe it through the eyes of my children.

And finally...

5. A bike! That's right, you heard me, a bike. Not just any bike, but a pink one with streamers. Oh yeah, and a bell to warn unsuspecting quail that often run through our neighborhood.

Oh, isn't she a beauty, especially with her lovely white seat and whitewall tires! She just needs streamers, a bell and possibly a flowery basket in the front.

In the spirit of giving, I tag Elizabeth and Lady M. Tag, you're It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Lord do I want that bike.

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty! Sorry to hear about the sickness. I left that off my list by mistake. Id like an inpenetrable virus shield within 50 miles of me and my kid at all times.

Lady M said...

I'm going to have to think about what I want. SwingDaddy will thank you! Sleep is definitely going on the list.

Yay for LOTR. Keep your fingers crossed that Peter Jackson directs the Hobbit too!

Anonymous said...

All I want for Christmas is sleep. Long, blessed, uninterrupted hours of sleep.

(and a Nintendo Wii.)