I've got writer's block, so I'm giving this a try. Plus, Peter, over at the Tutu Boutique, tagged me to share things about myself. So here's my very first Thursday Thirteen: Things you may or may not know about little old me.
1. I use to be musically inclined. Once upon a time, I played the flute, piccolo and piano. I still have my flute and regret I never play it from time to time. It'll take some work to remember how to read music.
2. I was a geeky marching band member. Not just playing flute, oh no, I took it one step further and twirled flags and rifles in high school.
3. I have been married
4. I have two kids ages 2 1/2 and 1. Yes, we've been busy!
5. I love where I live (Phoenix suburb in AZ). It currently is 80 degrees F outside! Sure summers get to be 100+, but we can cool off in the swimming pool.
6. I could eat cereal morning, noon and night.
7. Some of my favorite cereals include Total Raisin Bran, Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms.
8. In high school, my best friend and her dad nicknamed me Sapo Verde (green frog). Not sure why or how that came about.
9. I once wanted to go into the air force and become an astronaut.
10. Instead, I became a teacher. Over 11 years, I taught 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th grades, including second language learners (usually from Mexico and Latin America, but a few from Tonga, Vietnam and Somalia).
11. I stopped teaching to be a SAHM when Ian was born. I miss teaching and will definitely return once Ian and Laurel are in school full time.
12. I'm extremely shy. Even once I know people really well, I tend to be on the quiet side. I'm a really good listener.
13. I wish I had time to garden. I love the feel of dirt in my hands!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants