Thursday, December 18, 2008

Visions of Sugar Bums

Laurel just before she lays down for her nap: Mommy, I'm going to dream 'bout sugar bums!

The children were nestled all snug in their beds, While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads. And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap, Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.
~
Clement Clarke Moore


Laurel's dreams of sugar-plums came true, we assembled our gingerbread house!





A little icing here...









and a little icing there.










Laurel doesn't like what Ian is doing to the house.












But finally she buys into it and helps out.




The kids had a great time making the gingerbread house. I'm sure a little bit of candy will be missing from it each day, and I will continue to find candy on the floor and sugar on the walls until Easter.

7 comments:

Damselfly said...

Your house looks fantastic!

I'm pretty sure I have my own big sugar bum....

Bloggy Mama said...

Beautiful!!

Lady M said...

So cute!

We're contemplating a gingerbread house too, maybe next week.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks like fun! (Not fun I'll be doing here, but fun to watch!)

Wonder what kind of googlers "sugar bums" will bring in?

And with that happy thought, "Merry Christmas to you!"

Anonymous said...

They did a wonderful job! Love the look of displeasure on Laurel's face! :)

Anonymous said...

Great house! And I'm laughing about the "sugar bums".

The whole time we were making our gingerbread house my daughter (3.5) just kept saying, "OK, good enough! Now let's eat it!" It looks like your little ones actually put the candy ON the house, well done!

figtree said...

Sugar bums brought in this 70-year-old "googler" who thinks that's the cutest! Like the old days, "Kids say the darnedest things" with Art Linkletter.