- In kindergarten, I remember each child's chair had a cover over the top of it with a huge pocket on the back of it full of crayons. I even remember the fabric was a bright yellow with pictures of Raggedy Ann and Andy on it.
- In first grade I got to ride in the school float for the city's parade. My mom had sewn a prairie dress that I wore to school, and the teachers thought it would be perfect.
- My best friend, Stella, and I were in the same second grade classroom. I really don't remember much about that year or hanging out with her then, but we are still friends after 30 years.
- Third grade was horrible, due to a dragon lady of a teacher. If we were too talkative, she would tape our mouths shut with masking tape. One poor girl got in so much trouble, the teacher put tape on her mouth and around her hair.
- In fourth grade I started playing the flute. I loved it, and the piccolo later on, and become a serious band geek. My mom must have been seriously bummed, since I started hating playing the piano, and would only continue piano lessons for two more years. Oh how I regret that decision now. As for the teacher, he was ok, except his punishment for inappropriate behavior was to put some sort of hot pepper flakes in our mouths.
- Fifth grade, hmm, another wicked teacher, although she liked having us perform short plays and had us try out for parts. I don't remember any of the plays we did.
- Sixth grade was a lot of fun. Volleyball, softball, basketball, you name it, I loved sports! Slam books were a huge hit. Anyone remember making or filling those in? I remember taking my Merlin game to school, and of course the teacher took it away. Our school had a book character parade, and I dressed in a white jumpsuit like Princess Leia from Star Wars episode V.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Back to School Meme
Evidently, my mind is blank about what to blog about, so I need to steal others' ideas. Lauren at Baseballs and Bows did a back to school themed meme. With all my teacher friends heading back to work, and all the wonderful kiddos I know excited about going back to school, I think it is a great idea!
Posted by Mamacita Tina