Monday, September 03, 2007

San Diego Zoo

Sunday, August 26

Some pictures from our visit to the San Diego Zoo...

A little over four months ago, I posted about my Mother-in-Law's double lung transplant. Thanks to a successful operation and recovery, not only was she able to walk through the zoo, but she was also able to help push her husband through in his wheelchair. (He fell off a ladder and broke his ankle, poor guy.) Notice the smile, the glow of health on her face, and the lack of an oxygen tank! Way to go, Mom!







Ian and Laurel watch the gorillas sleep.












The kids have fun playing among gorilla statues.











Observing Pygmy Hippos.











Ian tries to keep up with a Pygmy Hippo.














Uncle Jason watches Laurel while she plays a quick game of peek-a-boo with me.













Ian strikes a pose while a panda waves in the background.













Grandma Ann tries to point out an animal to Laurel and Ian.













"Hi Polar Bear, hi."











I love these shoes! These shoes saved my feet during all of that walking.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO SO SO happy for your mother-in-law!! That's awesome and I just know she'll have many, many years of sporting that glow and beautiful smile!!

Love the pics!!

Elizabeth said...

Good shoes are so important. So that that the family enjoyed the time and that your Mom-in-law is well. YAY

Mama's Moon said...

Hehehe. Had to laugh at that last one...truly, the shoes either make or break ya at places like the zoo! Your family looks happy in all the photos. So glad you were able to enjoy such a precious time with them!! Welcome back!

Damselfly said...

I love the picture of the kids with the gorillas!

And your MIL, you'd never know she had a transplant of any kind!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Love the pics and I am so happy for your mother in law!!!

Kelly said...

GREAT Pictures!! Your Mother-in-law Looks Absolutely WONDERFUL!! I'm so happy everything was a success!! The Zoo looks like so much fun..I want to go!

Chicky said...

wow-she looks great! Looks like you had a fun trip! We live just about 90 m form the zoo, but only manage to get there once a year!

Lady M said...

I love that zoo!

I'm so impressed with your MIL and her recovery. That's fabulous.