Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Thunder Storm

Last night, we finally had an honest to goodness thunder storm. I can't remember the last time that happened. I lay in bed watching streaks of lightning peek between the slats of closed blinds. I should have opened them to watch the show, but was too tired. Thunder rumbled softly for a while as the storm approached. Then it was over us. Buckets and buckets of rain, lightning, thunder so close it shook the house.

I kept wishing for Ian to wake up and come running into our room. I wanted to snuggle up with him and share this rare event. Paul was downstairs working late, so I decided to peek in Ian's room to see if the storm woke him. No such luck, he was sleeping soundly. For a brief moment, I thought about waking him up, and then remembered the cardinal rule: If the baby's happy and calm, let him/her be. Darn it! I went back to bed and laid down listening to nature's music, quickly surrendering to sleep.

3 comments:

Mary P. said...

I'm guessing you don't often get thunderstorms there because it's too dry? How often do they happen?

We had thunderstorms the night before last, and there are more in the forecast for tonight. It's a normal summer event for us. I love watching the lightning - from inside. Through a window, it's exciting! I do NOT like being caught out in a thunderstorm. Lightning scares me to death when I'm out in it!

Mamacita Tina said...

Mary P. - We usually get monsoons in August, but it's been about 5 years since we've had a really good storm like we've seen the last couple of days. I agree about lightning, it scares me too.

Nut's mom said...

I was lucky enough to be in Prescott once during an monsoon. loved every minute of it. I was 22.